Hi it's really a amazing game but I was wondering when the episode 2 it's going out :)
Late Summer Nights #1
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
Three finals, two days, and then you're free for the summer -- but all those tests aren't going to stop you from checking your usual DrawBBS.
Late Summer Nights is the first in a series of short visual novels about the overlap of online and “real life,” the 90/00s web, and friendship.
Update 1.1 (9/30/2018)
- Intro sequence has been updated (up to the loading of the oekaki)!
- Backgrounds and character portraits are now in colour, and some have been adjusted for clarity and uh... to make sense.
- There is now some audio! The lovely oekaki background track is courtesy of Hungry Squirrels.
- Behind the scenes, many things are much cleaner than they used to be. You can't tell, so just take my word for it. :)
Things You Should Know
- The game is played in real time. This means that sometimes you might have to wait a couple extra seconds for a response. If someone says it'll take them 5 minutes, it'll probably take them 5 real-time minutes. This game is best played with a distraction handy, like the real internet.
- Average playtime is about 45 minutes if you're not multitasking. It can be much longer if you are.
- The Options menu is accessible via the ESC key.
- Episode 2 will be out in late 2018/early 2019.
You are Yule, finishing up your junior of high school, and living a vivid online life, mostly on the DrawBBS. Up until now, your online life and offline life hadn't really intersected... like, ever.
The Two Internet-Best-Friends
The Emo Kid
The Supportive One
|Release date||Jan 31, 2018|
|Genre||Visual Novel, Interactive Fiction, Role Playing|
|Tags||1990s, 2000s, Episodic, internet, Non violent, oekaki, school, Short|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Accessibility||Subtitles, One button|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- 20180201 BugfixFeb 02, 2018
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Thank you for the kind comment! Episode 2 is in progress and will be released sometime in 2019. Hopefully sooner rather than later. :) Thank you for playing!
I loved this so much! I cant wait for more to come out.
It's funny, because I remember to hang around on some similar drawing platforms, though of course they were German and more focused on showing off instead of taking commissions and stuff. But I still feel the same vibe in your game, and that's absolutely well done! Also, you can be very proud of the different writing styles you were able to implement - each character felt like a single one instead of a group of generic characters or something. Great stuff, I hope you'll find some more time to produce a new episode of that. :) As you already know, we included your game in our compilation article about the Finally Finish Something 2018 jam and also potential players can see a minute of gameplay in the related showcase video. <3 You can be very proud of yourself, Anna!